It is always a difficult choice to make for cat owners when they are forced to leave behind their feline friends when going away. There is the constant worry of whether to leave them at home and request neighbors to take care of their needs or put them in a cat boarding facility.
Cats should be provided water and food regularly along with some time in fresh air daily and unless you can trust your neighbors to do a good job of it, you can be in a real dilemma. Not to worry, there is one lifesaving option that can work out just fine a Cat Boarding Facility!
Before deciding on boarding your cat, there are a few things that need to be kept in mind
- Ensure that the location of the facility is convenient to your home as cats can be very temperamental when it comes to traveling long distances
- Interviewing the Kennel for gathering information about how long they have been in business, references etc. can be very helpful.
- Surprise visits to the kennel can go a long way in seeing for yourself the place and being satisfied about its cleanliness, place of boarding of the cats, and look out for smells and general treatment of the pets.
- Checking out with your neighbors can help in choosing the best kennel for your cat
- Collect details about kennel requirements like special vaccination rules, whether you can provide food and treats to your cat, leave behind its blanket or toys etc.
- The cat’s schedule while at the kennel should be thoroughly checked out like the type of accomodations they are put in, and its spaciousness, is it a cage or something much more humane and roomy, whether they are let out at regular intervals, the competency level of the staff who handle them and so on.
- All contact information should be provided including your mobile number for emergency situations.
- Leaving your family veterinarian’s name and phone number at the kennel office can be very useful in case of any health related problems for the cat.
- Your cat’s medical history as well as any behavioral quirks should also be registered with the kennel authorities for safety purposes.
- Any special diets as well as medications should also be mentioned to make your cat’s stay comfortable at the kennel.
When it comes to pricing, quality makes all the difference, so be willing to pay a little extra for professional cat boarding facilities, with staff that genuinely love pets and are willing to take care of them in a loving and kind manner.
Ideally, the kennel should include small kennels, play area for stretching their legs, good and hygienic food and water, regular grooming, personnel attendance, and above everything else, a dog-free environment.
So, go ahead and browse online the various kennels websites, view the facilities offered, the price they charge along with any additional charges and extra facilities they offer, the location of the kennel and above everything else, look out for reviews from pet owners and make your decision accordingly.
Quality should never be compromised upon and it is worth every penny that you spend on professional kennels if your cat can be safe and secure and you can also be mentally at peace when you go away, so choose wisely!